One of the delights of this dessert is the contrast of the hot candy with
the cold ice cream.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 pound dark brown sugar
- 1 bottle banana extract
- 6 bananas
- 3 ounces brandy
- 5 ounces dark rum
- Vanilla ice cream
It helps to have all the ingredients ready to put into the pan since timing
- Place butter in an electric skillet. Cover with brown sugar. Pour banana extract
over this. Heat until bubbly, about 350 degrees F to 400 degrees F.
- Add bananas, sliced lengthwise, and halved. Fry bananas until the edges just begin to curl. DO
NOT OVERCOOK or they will be very tough. Just right is when they are just translucent
and cut easily with a wooden spoon.
- Add brandy and rum. Flame and stir until flame dies.
- Immediately serve banana-candy mixture over a deep bowl of vanilla ice cream.
- Start eating as soon as the dish is served.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.