Bing Cherry Fritters
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 1/3 cups milk
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Bing cherries, pitted
- Oil for frying
- Sifted confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cinnamon.
- Add the milk, egg yolks, oil and lemon juice and beat until smooth.
- In a large bowl, whip the egg whites until soft peaks form, then gently fold
them into the batter.
- Fold in the pitted cherries.
- In a deep, heavy saucepan, heat 3 inches of oil to 375 degrees F.
- Drop a few tablespoonsful of the batter into the hot oil and fry for 3 to 5 minutes, or until
- Drain on paper towels and keep warm in a very low oven.
- Repeat until all the batter is cooked.
- Serve at once, topped with confectioners' sugar.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.