This is a sweet treat that the kids can make and then use in their other baking
and cooking projects. It turns out much tastier than the store bought version.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple slices packed in own juice, drained and 1/3 cup juice reserved
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In 3-quart casserole, combine 1 cup sugar, 1/3 cup reserved juice and the corn
- Arrange five pineapple slices in single layer over sugar mixture.
- Microwave on HIGH for 8-12 minutes or until sugar dissolves and slices are glossy and transparent
on edges, turning over and rearranging every 4 minutes. Remove slices to wire rack
and cool. They will become more transparent as they cool.
- Add remaining slices to the hot syrup and repeat as above.
- When slices have cooled completely, coat with sugar.
- Cover with wax paper and let stand on wire rack at least 24 hours to dry.
- Re-coat with sugar. Slices will be slightly sticky.
- Store in airtight container with wax paper between layers no longer than 2 weeks.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine on 11/9/2001, 11:43 am.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes