Caramel Apples (Mennonite)
- 6 red baking apples
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Wash and pare apples one-third of the way down from stem end. Leave whole. Remove
cores and cook in syrup made of sugar and water. When apples are tender, remove
to serving dish.
- Combine cornstarch and milk to make a smooth paste. Bring cornstarch
to the boiling point and then add syrup in which apples were cooked. Cook for 10
minutes or until cornstarch is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove from heat and add butter, salt and vanilla extract.
- Pour over apples and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes