- 4 Granny Smith apples
- 2 McIntosh or other sweet apple
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup plus 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Peel, core and cut all apples into eighths.
- Melt butter over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle sugar over; cook until sugar begins to brown.
- Add apples; cook until they turn golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in cinnamon and salt.
- Store refrigerated for up to 3 days.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.