Champagne Gelee with Mixed Berries
- 2 cups good-quality non-vintage Champagne
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
cup cold water
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 1 1/2 cups mixed berries: strawberries,
raspberries, boysenberries, olallie berries, blueberries
- Pour the Champagne into a 1-quart glass loaf pan.
- Add the sugar and stir occasionally
until the sugar dissolves.
- Pour the cold water into a small saucepan and sprinkle
the gelatine over the water slowly and evenly so it will absorb without clumps.
Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Warm the gelatine mixture over low heat just until the gelatine melts.
pour the dissolved gelatine into the Champagne, stirring constantly.
- Cover with
plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Wash, hull and slice the strawberries, if using.
- Remove the gelee from the refrigerator
and draw a knife through it in a cross pattern just to break it up a bit.
some gelee into the bottom of a balloon wine glass or other wide-mouthed glass,
then place a layer of berries on top.
- Repeat until the glass is 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- At this point you can cover each glass with plastic and return it to the refrigerator
until you are ready to serve it.
Per serving: 220 calories, 2g protein, 33g carbohydrate, 0 fat, 0 cholesterol,
11mg sodium, 2g fiber