Chocolate Chip Pears
- 4 pears
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup miniature semi-sweet chocolate pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Core pears from the bottom end, leaving the stems intact. Using a vegetable peeler,
peel strips at 1/2-inch intervals, starting at the top. If necessary, cut a thin
slice from bottoms to help the pears stand upright.
- Place pears on their side in a 2-quart square baking dish.
- Stir together lemon
juice, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Brush onto pears. Pour any extra mixture over
- Bake, covered, at 375 degrees F for 30 to 35 minutes or until pears are tender.
- Uncover; spoon extra liquid over pears.
- To serve, place warm pears upright on plates, then hold each pear by the stem
and tip slightly to sprinkle sides of each pear with 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate
pieces, turning the pears as you sprinkle.
Makes 4 servings.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes