Chocolate Drizzled Butterscotch Apple Slices
- 1 large apple
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3 teaspoons shortening (do not use butter, margarine, spread or oil), divided
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Line tray with wax paper.
- Wash apple; dry thoroughly. Remove core; cut into 8 slices. Blot dry with paper towels.
- Place butterscotch chips and 2 teaspoons shortening in medium microwave-safe
- Microwave at HIGH (100%) 30 seconds or until chips are melted when stirred.
- With fork, dip each slice completely into mixture. Tap fork and gently shake
to remove excess; place slices on prepared tray.
- Place chocolate chips and remaining 1 teaspoon shortening in small microwave-safe
- Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds or just until chips are melted when stirred.
- With tines of clean fork, drizzle over top of apple slices.
- Note: If coating mixture begins to thicken and tighten, stir in additional shortening,
1/2 teaspoonful at a time.
- Microwave at HIGH 15 seconds until smooth and fluid when stirred.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes