Country French Applesauce
- 2 pounds tart apples
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon flour
- Ground blanched almonds
- Crushed almond macaroons
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut unpeeled apples into quarters and remove cores. (Red-skinned apples make
the most attractive sauce.)
- Place apples in saucepan; add water and cook the fruit,
covered, for about 20 minutes or until soft.
- Force fruit through a sieve or food mill and discard skins.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and sour cream
mixed with flour.
- Place in buttered baking dish and sprinkle with almonds and macaroon
- Dot with butter and bake at 400 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- Serve warm.
Yield: about 3 cups
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes