Deep Fried Pineapple
in Coconut Batter
- 12 ounces fresh pineapple, pared and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces premium lager
- 8 ounces self-rising flour, sifted
- A little cold water, if needed
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 2 ounces desiccated coconut
- 6 tablespoons dark rum
- 4 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- Juice of half a lemon
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Dry the pineapple on paper toweling. Heat a deep fryer to 375 degrees F.
- Whisk the lager and flour together, adding a little cold water, if needed, until
the batter is thick. Stir in sugar and coconut.
- Dust the pineapple into a little flour, then place it into the batter. Gently shake
off excess batter and then drop the coated pineapple pieces, one by one, into the
hot oil. (Do not cook more than 8 pieces at a time or the temperature of the oil
will dip and the pineapple will not crisp up the way it should).
- When done, lift out the pieces with a slotted spoon and drain well on absorbent
paper, repeating the process until all the pineapple is cooked.
- Sprinkle pineapple
pieces with a little sugar and keep warm but uncovered.
- Mix the rum, confectioners' sugar and lemon juice in a saucepan and warm
- Spoon over fritters at the table.
- Serve with heavy cream or whipped cream.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes