- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons
- 24 large strawberries
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Combine pancake mix and milk, stirring well.
- Dip strawberries into batter and deep
fry in hot oil (375 degrees F) until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve strawberries immediately with Sherry Sauce.
- Sherry Sauce: Combine sugar and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil.
cornstarch and sherry, stirring until cornstarch dissolves.
- Gradually stir cornstarch
mixture into hot sugar mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
sauce is smooth and thickened.
Yield: 2 dozen strawberries; about 3/4 cup Sherry Sauce