Deep Fried Watermelon
- 1 (10 pound) watermelon
- 7 tablespoons (100g) cornstarch
- 11 tablespoons (100g) flour
- 2 eggs whites, beaten
- 3 cups (750ml) vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Cut the watermelon in half and scoop out the pulp. Remove any seeds from the
pulp and cut the pulp into diamonds. Coat with the flour.
- Mix the egg whites with cornstarch and a little water into a batter.
- Heat the oil in a wok over high heat
to about 250 degrees F (120 degrees C), or until small bubbles appear around a 1-inch
(2 cm) cube of day-old bread dropped into the oil.
- Dip the watermelon pieces into the batter and add to the oil.
- Deep-fry until the coating becomes firm.
- Turn off the heat and continue to deep-fry the watermelon until light brown.
- Remove, drain well, sprinkle with the sugar, and serve.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes