Festive Curried Fruit
- 1 (29 ounce) can pear halves
- 1 (29 ounce) can Freestone peach halves
- 1 (17 ounce) can Royal Anne light sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (17 ounce) can apricots (peeled)
- 1/2 cup white raisins
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 cup white wine
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Drain all fruit, reserving juice. Measure 3/4 cup fruit juice and set aside.
- Soak raisins in hot water to cover for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Mix fruit juice with sugar, salt, butter and flour. Heat, but do not boil. Stir until thick.
- Fold sauce into drained fruit and raisins.
- Add curry powder and wine.
- Let stand for 3 hours.
- Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- May be refrigerated and reheated next day. Improves with age.
Serves 8 to 10.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes