Fresh Fruit with Rose Water Syrup
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 4 oranges
- 2 cups red grapes, halved
- 1 (1 pint) basket strawberries, halved
- 1 pear, cored, sliced
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Stir 1 1/2 cups water and sugar in heavy medium saucepan over medium-low heat
until sugar dissolves.
- Increase heat to medium-high.
- Add cinnamon; boil until syrup is reduced to scant 1 cup, about 10 minutes.
- Mix in rose water; cool.
- Using small sharp knife, cut off peel and white pith from oranges.
- Working over large bowl, cut between membranes to release segments into bowl.
- Add grapes, berries and pear; toss to combine.
- Mix in syrup. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover and refrigerate.)
- Spoon fruit and syrup into 6 bowls.
Source: Bon Appetit January 1999
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes