Fried Watermelon Rinds
- 1/3 cup cornmeal
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shortening or vegetable oil
- 2 cups watermelon rind, cubed
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Mix together the cornmeal, flour, salt, and pepper.
- Heat the oil to 350 degrees F.
- In a heavy 10-inch iron skillet. Roll the cubed rind in the corn meal mixture
and add to the hot oil.
- Fry for about 8-10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Stir gently and cook about 4-5 minutes more until browned all over.
- Drain on paper towels and season with salt and pepper.
- Eat while hot.
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 30, 2001.
Source: Just Fruit Recipes: melborponsti.com/fruit/index.htm
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes