These go well with roast chicken or any spicy meats.
- 6 cups water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- Combine water and lemon juice in a container that can hold all the apple wedges.
- Core and peel the apples. Cut each apple into about 8 thick wedges. Submerge
wedges in the lemon-water bath until ready to use. Since the lemon juice prevents
browning, you can prepare them a day ahead of time.
- Get the grill hot.
- Using tongs, place the apples on the grill. Cook until dark
lines sear the apples.
- Turn and cook until the apples are warmed through but still
firm, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Yield: 6 servings