Heaven Scent Baked Apples
These nutmeg-spiced baked apples are the perfect ending to any meal.
- 6 medium baking apples (about 2 pounds), such as Rome Beauty or York Imperial
- 1/3 cup mixed dried fruit bits or raisins
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Core apples; peel a strip from the top of each. If necessary cut thin slice from
bottom of each apple so apple will stand upright. Place apples upright in greased
11 x 7-inch baking dish. Fill centers with fruit bits or raisins.
- In medium-size bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, water and nutmeg; pour
over and around apples.
- Set dish in a 13 x 9-inch pan. Set on oven rack. Carefully pour boiling water
into pan to 1-inch depth.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are tender, occasionally
spooning sweetened condensed milk mixture in bottom of dish over apples.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 6 servings
Source: Dallas Morning News - December 4, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes