Mango and Rose Dessert
- 4 large firm but ripe mangoes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 1 tablespoon edible rose petals, either fresh or dried (optional)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- To prepare mangoes, slice a thin piece off the top and bottom of each fruit.
Using a sharp paring knife, cut away long thin strips of the skin, continuing until
all the skin has been removed. Cut away on both sides from the long, thin pit inside
the mango. (You can see the placement of the pit at the cut-away top.)
- Lay mango halves on their flat sides, rounded tops up. Following the length of
the mango, cut even, thin, tongue-shaped slices.
- Arrange the slices attractively on a platter.
- Combine lime juice, honey and rose water. Spoon over mango slices and sprinkle
with rose petals if serving immediately.
- To serve a few hours later, cover platter
tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 hours, sprinkling with petals
just before serving.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes