Mangoes with Cream
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 (1/2-inch) cinnamon stick
- 3 mangoes, peeled, thickly sliced lengthwise
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup rum
- Put water, half the sugar and cinnamon stick into a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 20 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally or until syrup thickens.
- Add mango slices to syrup and simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until barely tender.
- Remove cinnamon stick and add vanilla extract.
- Transfer to a serving dish and let cool.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Whip together cream and remaining sugar until soft peaks form.
- Fold in rum.
- Serve in a separate bowl to accompany mangoes, or arrange mangoes in pinwheel-fashion on individual serving plates, pipe whipped cream into center and garnish with a mint sprig.
Yield: 6 servings
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.