Pineapple Banana Fritters
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons double-acting baking powder
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh pineapple, drained
- 3/4 cup banana, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 large egg, beaten lightly
- Vegetable oil for deep-frying
- Confectioners' sugar for dusting fritters
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a small bowl sift together the flour, the baking powder, the granulated sugar,
the ginger, and a pinch of salt.
- In a bowl combine well the pineapple, the banana, the milk, and the egg; add
the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it is combined.
- In a kettle heat 1 1/2 inches of the oil until it registers 375 degrees F on
a deep-fat thermometer, drop the batter by tablespoonsful into the oil in batches,
and fry the fritters, turning them, for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes, or until they are golden.
- Transfer the fritters with slotted spoon to paper towels to drain and sift the
confectioners' sugar over them.
Source: Gourmet, May 1991
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes