Raspberries in Angel Cream
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 teaspoon almond flavored liqueur
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatine
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 envelope dessert topping mix
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package whole raspberries or frozen berries of your choice, thawed and well-drained
- 4 cups angel food cake, broken into pieces
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a small saucepan, combine 3/4 cup buttermilk and the liqueur.
- Sprinkle with gelatine and let soften 5 minutes.
- Cook over medium heat until gelatine is dissolved. Stir continually.
- Add sugar and cook until sugar is dissolved. Stir continually.
- Pour into bowl and add rest of buttermilk.
- Refrigerate until chilled, about 45 minutes.
- In medium bowl, beat dessert topping mix with milk until soft peaks form. Scrape
bowl and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Add the whipped topping to buttermilk mixture, fold in until smooth.
- Fold in drained berries.
- Layer in serving bowl first the filling, then the cake, then filling, then cake,
then filling - 5 layers total.
- Refrigerate. (Better when allowed to set in refrigerator several hours.)
- Reserved juice may be drizzled over cake pieces when layering, if desired.
Serves 4 to 6.
Posted by luvtocook at Recipe Goldmine May 24, 2001.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes