Raspberry Cheesecake Pears
- 8 to 10 medium/large Bartlett pears, lightly poached
- 1 (8 ounce) package
cream cheese, softened
- 1 (21 ounce) can raspberry fruit filling
- 1 egg, room
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla flavoring
- 3/4 cup crushed
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
- In a blender, mix together on medium speed the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla
- Once well blended, slowly add the egg. Beat on low speed for about one
- Refrigerate mixture.
- Slice off about 1/2 inch off the top of each slightly poached pear. Remove the
core and some of the pear inside so there's a reservoir to hold the filling.
- Fill about halfway with the cream cheese filling.
- Fill the rest with the raspberry
- Top with graham cracker crumbs.
- Garnish with a few pieces of shredded mozzarella
- Bake in oven in a water bath (about 1/4 inch deep) at 325 degrees F for about
20-25 minutes or until pears become soft, but not mushy.
- Serve warm.
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
If desired, you may substitute apricot, cherry or strawberry filling.