- 4 cups fresh or frozen (do not thaw) raspberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kirsch (optional)
- 1 pinch
- 3 slices sandwich bread, torn into quarters
tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup lightly packed light or dark brown
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position and heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Toss fruit gently with sugar, kirsch (if using), and salt in medium nonreactive
bowl and transfer to 9-inch glass or ceramic pie pan.
- Pulse bread, butter, sugar, and cinnamon in bowl of food processor fitted with
steel blade until mixture resembles coarse crumbs, about ten 1-second pulses.
crumbs evenly over fruit and bake until crumbs are deep golden brown and fruit is
hot, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack for 5 minutes, and serve.