This is a real comfort food.
- 4 tart apples, such as Granny Smith
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/4 cups cinnamon red-hot candies
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Peel, core and quarter the apples.
- Combine apples with the remaining ingredients
in a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes,
until the liquid is thickened and the apples are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Cool the apples in the syrup for at least 30 minutes.
- Serve the apples at room temperature or chilled.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fruit Recipes