Roasted Figs with Raspberry Cream
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen sweetened red raspberries, thawed
- 12 Mission or
Calimyrna figs, halves
- 1/4 cup sweet Marsala or orange juice
- 2 tablespoons
packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut up
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons seedless raspberry jam
- To make raspberry sauce, whirl berries with juice in blender or food processor
- Press berries through fine-meshed strainer to remove seeds. Chill
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place figs in single layer in bottom of 8 x 4-inch
- Pour Marsala over figs.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar and butter.
- Cover tightly
with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil, stir figs and return to oven for 5 minutes.
- Beat cream to soft peaks; beat in jam.
- Spoon raspberry sauce on bottom of 4 dessert
- Spoon a dollop of cream in center of each plate and surround with figs.
- Drizzle Marsala sauce over figs.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.