- 1 pineapple, peeled, 1-inch slices
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 cup dark rum
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 4 mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
- Trim and slice pineapple into large rings. Remove core from pineapple rings using
a round cutter or a paring knife.
- Coat sides of pineapple slices with black pepper
and sprinkle with sugar.
- Heat a large skillet over high heat. Cook the sugared pineapple until golden
amber brown for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove the pineapples when cooked and
heat the orange juice, honey and rum together until it becomes a light syrup, about
3 to 4 minutes.
- Scoop ice cream into center of pineapple slice and spoon over some
of the rum sauce before serving.