Scalloped Pineapple 2
- 8 slightly packed cup Italian bread cubes (about 1 inch square)
- 2 (20 ounce) cans pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) melted butter
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Generously butter a 13 x 9-inch baking pan and spread bread cubes over it, then
put pineapple all over the top.
- Mix well the sugar, eggs and melted butter. Pour over bread cubes and pineapple.
- With a spoon, just poke down toward bottom of pan all over so mixture goes down,
but don't stir it together. Just a few pokes will do!
- Bake until browned - about 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
- Serve warm with any pork entree.
From the kitchen of Julie H. - Mesa, Arizona.