Strawberries with Lemon Cream
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 quarts fresh
- Combine first four ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed of
electric mixer until blended. Cover and chill.
- Wash strawberries; cap, if desired. Make 2 perpendicular slices down pointed
end of each strawberry, cutting to within 1/2 inch of stem end.
- Carefully spread
out quarter sections of each strawberry to form a "cup."
- Using a pastry
bag, fill each strawberry with cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yield: about 3 1/2 dozen