For breakfast or dessert serve whole, hulled strawberries drizzled with honey
and a wedge of lime. A few drops of lime juice highlight the combination.
- 1 quart strawberries, washed, hulled and cut in half
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 1/3 cup orange juice or orange liqueur
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup dairy sour cream
- 2 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon mace
- Mix strawberries, 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar and orange juice and refrigerate
at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Combine remaining ingredients in chilled mixer bowl and beat until it begins
to thicken. DO NOT whip the cream more than 30 minutes in advance.
- To serve, spoon some strawberries and juice into serving dishes.
- Top with whipped cream.