Watermelon Ribbon Basket
This basket is great for any occasion during the year. It is the perfect container
for punches, salads or desserts.
- Sharp pointed utensil
- Sharp knife
- Large spoon
- Select a symmetrical watermelon. If necessary, cut a thin slice from the bottom
of the watermelon so it sits level.
- Draw a straight line (just above the middle) lengthwise around the watermelon
for the basket's edge.
- Draw a handle diagonally across the top.
- Draw a bow, so that one edge of the bow is connected to the basket's edge.
- Cut and remove the top sections leaving the handle and bow intact.
- Scoop out the flesh from inside the watermelon, leaving just a trace of red.
- Drain the watermelon before filling.
Recipe credit: National Watermelon Promotion Board's (NWPB) Melon Monitor