- 2 small to medium watermelons
- 1 to 2 cups margarita mix
- Wash and dry watermelons. With a long, sharp knife, mark off a 5 to 6-inch circle
on top of the watermelons. Cut a deep cone into the center of each watermelon. Remove
- Turn watermelons over and let them drain for about 30 minutes; discard
- Turn melons open side up. Into one pour 1/2 to 1 cup liquid margarita mix.
- To fill cavity, wait a bit and add more as it is absorbed (if using dry Margarita
mix, prepare as directed and fill melons).
- For second melon, measure a similar amount of mix and combine with tequila, using
3 parts mix to 1 part tequila.
- Pour into second watermelon.
- Let melons stand as liquid is absorbed.
- Replace plug.
- Mark one melon alcoholic
and the other melon non-alcoholic.
Posted by tgraddy at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 6:42:48 pm.