Jell-O Jewels Dessert
This ambrosia-style dessert substitutes fun, fruity gelatin cubes for
the traditional fruit.
- 3 cups boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O Orange Flavor Gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O Lemon Flavor Gelatin
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin
- 1 small can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup canned sweetened condensed milk
- 1 can (15.25 ounces) peach slices
in heavy syrup,drained, chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup chopped PLANTERS Pecans
- Add 1 cup boiling water to each flavor of gelatin mix in separate bowls;
stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
- Pour each flavor into separate 8-inch square pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour
or until firm.
- Meanwhile, mix evaporated milk, condensed milk, peaches and lemon zest;
refrigerate until ready to use.
- Cut gelatin into 1/2-inch cubes; place in medium bowl.
- Add milk mixture and nuts; mix lightly.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
Yield: 10 servings
Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Special Extra: Stir in 1/2 cup toasted BAKER'S ANGEL FLAKE Coconut along
with the milk mixture and nuts.
Make Ahead: Gelatin cubes can be mixed with milk mixture and nuts ahead
of time. Refrigerate up to 4 hours, until ready to serve. If desired, gelatin
mixtures can be prepared up to 24 hours ahead. Then cut and assemble within
4 hours of serving.
Special Extra: Garnish dessert with a few PLANTERS Pecan Halves just
Reprinted with permission from