- 1 cantaloupe, cut lengthwise in half
- 3/4 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3
ounces) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- Remove seeds from melon halves; cut thin slice from bottom of each half. Scoop
out melon flesh, leaving 1-inch-thick shells.
- Place upside-down on paper towels to drain.
- Add boiling water to gelatin mix; stir 2 minutes until completely dissolved.
Stir in cold water.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour into melon shells.
- Refrigerate for 3 hours or until gelatin is firm.
- Cut each melon half into 4 wedges.
Special Extra: Add 2 cups chopped fruit to thickened gelatin before pouring
into melon halves. Since fresh or frozen pineapple, papaya, kiwi, figs, guava and
gingerroot all contain enzymes that prevent gelatin from setting, never use them
in gelatin recipes. But you can use any canned fruits or juices since the canning
process kills this enzyme.
Variation: Prepare using a honeydew melon and JELL-O Lime Flavor Gelatin.
Reprinted with permission from
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com.