Layered Gelatin Dessert
Layered Gelatin Dessert is an elegant, cool and refreshing dessert you can enjoy
all year round.
- 2 envelopes (7 grams each) unflavored gelatin
- 2 1/2 cups water, divided
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 16)*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ MILO (fortified chocolate flavored drink mix)
- Combine gelatin and 1/2 cup water in small bowl until well mixed; set aside.
- Grease a 6-cup mold or 9-inch-round baking pan.
- Heat evaporated and condensed milks in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove
- Add gelatin mixture, stirring constantly for 5 minutes or until completely dissolved.
- Stir in remaining 2 cups water into hot mixture.
- Divide the mixture in three equal portions (about 2 cups per bowl).
- Place first portion into prepared mold; refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Stir cookies and cinnamon into second portion; carefully pour on top of first
- Refrigerate for 1 hour or until set but not firm.
- Stir in walnuts and Milo into third portion and gently pour onto second layer.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until firm.
- To serve: Dip knife in warm water and run knife around rim; gently shake to loosen.
Invert onto serving dish.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooling Time: 360 minutes
* May also use about 12 Maria cookies instead of vanilla wafers.
Nutrition Facts - Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe - Servings Per Recipe: 8 servings
Calories: 330 Calories from Fat: 120 Total Fat: 14g (21% of DV) Saturated Fat: 6g
(29% of DV) Cholesterol: 30mg (9% of DV) Sodium: 140mg (6% of DV) Carbohydrates:
42g (14% of DV) Dietary Fiber: .5g (2% of DV) Sugars: 37g Protein: 11g
Vitamin A: 6% of DV Vitamin C: 8% of DV Calcium: 25% of DV Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit:
Nestle and meals.com.