Layered Mango Dessert
- 3 cups boiling water
- 4 packages (4-serving size each) JELL-O Brand Orange
- 1 can (12 ounces) mango nectar
- 2 medium ripe mangoes, finely chopped
(about 2 cups), divided
- 1 cup BREAKSTONE'S or KNUDSEN Sour Cream
- Stir boiling water into dry gelatin mix in large bowl 2 minutes until completely
- Add nectar; mix well.
- Pour evenly into 3 small bowls.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Add 1 cup of the mangoes to 1 bowl of gelatin; stir.
- Pour into 10-cup mold sprayed with cooking spray.
- Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set but not firm (gelatin should stick to finger
- Meanwhile, pour contents of second bowl of gelatin into blender container.
- Add remaining mangoes; cover. Blend until mangoes are pureed and mixture is well
- Pour over gelatin layer in mold.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes or until gelatin is set but not firm (gelatin should
stick to finger when touched).
- Stir sour cream into remaining bowl of gelatin until well blended.
- Carefully spoon over mango gelatin layer.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 3 hr 50 min
Makes: 12 servings
Nutrition (per serving): Calories 100 Total fat 4g Saturated fat 2.5g Cholesterol
15mg Sodium 35mg Carbohydrate 17g Dietary fiber 1g Sugars 16g Protein 1g
Vitamin A 40%DV Vitamin C 40%DV Calcium 2%DV Iron 0%DV
Recipe and photo credit:
Kraft Foods - kraftrecipes.com.