Raspberry Layered Dessert
I know this recipe has been around for a long time, but I just dug it out and
served it Memorial Day. I put it on the table with the salads and they eat it with
- 2 1/2 cups crushed Graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup powdered
- 1 (8 ounce) carton nondairy whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (6 ounce) package
red raspberry gelatin
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 quart frozen raspberries
(DO NOT THAW)
- Combine melted butter, Graham cracker crumbs and 2 tablespoons sugar. Press into
the bottom of a greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Set aside.
- With a mixer, beat softened cream cheese and powdered sugar together until creamy.
- Fold in thawed, whipped topping. Spread mixture over Graham cracker crust.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water in a large mixing bowl.
- Add FROZEN raspberries.
Stir gently. Allow to sit for a few minutes until mixture thickens slightly.
over cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Cut into squares.
Posted by Pats Cookin at Recipe Goldmine 6/5/01 7:07:29 pm.
Source: Associated Grocers, Inc.