Although not a true spumoni ice cream, this dessert is so delicious and
pretty. Freeze Almost Spumoni solid for an ice cream texture or partially
frozen for a mousse-like texture.
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (21 ounce) can cherry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped toasted nuts of choice
- Chill milk and cream in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. They
are best chilled in a stainless steel bowl, and you can chill the beaters at
the same time.
- Whip milk and cream together with an electric mixture until soft peaks
- Blend in the cherry pie filling, extract and chips and nuts.
- Place in an 8- or 9-inch square pan.
- Cover and freeze until firm.
- Serve as is or add ice cream toppings of choice.
Yield: 8 servings