Apple-Cheese Ice Cream
- 5 cooking apples, peeled and cored
- 2 cups cottage cheese, divided
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup apple butter, divided
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar,
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 eggs
- Chop apples into 1/4-inch dice; set aside.
- In blender or food processor, combine 1 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup half-and-half,
1/4 cup apple butter, 1/4 cup sugar, cinnamon, cloves and one egg. Blend until smooth.
Pour into a large bowl.
- Repeat with remaining cottage cheese, half and half, apple butter and egg.
with previously pureed mixture.
- Stir in chopped apples.
- Pour into ice cream canister.
- Freeze in ice cream maker according to manufacturer's directions.
Makes 2 quarts.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.