Apple Pie Ice Cream
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 cups milk
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 1 (21 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 3 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan combine sugar and flour.
- Stir in milk.
- Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- Stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture into eggs.
- Return all to saucepan. Cook and stir 2 minutes more.
- Cover and chill.
- Stir the whipping cream, pie filling, vanilla extract and cinnamon into the chilled
- Freeze in a 4 or 5 quart ice cream freezer according to manufacturer's
Makes 4 quarts.