Bacon Ice Cream
- 1/4 pound bacon, raw, roughly chopped
- 2 cups Half-and-Half*
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, light, packed
You can use whipping cream instead of the Half-and-Half for an even richer ice cream.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine bacon, Half-and-Half, milk, corn syrup and sugar and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and set aside to steep until a deep bacon flavor develops, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Strain through a medium-mesh strainer and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Process according to your ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you like, sprinkle chopped, crisped bacon bits on top before serving.
Prep: 10 min | Cook: 25 min
Servings: 10 | Yield: About 5 cups (serving size 1/2 cup)
Nutrition Information: Calories: 190 calories Protein: 3 grams Fat: 11 grams Sodium: 125 milligrams Cholesterol: 25 milligrams Saturated Fat: 5 grams Carbohydrates: 21 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe courtesy of Top Chef All-Stars Winner Richard Blais.
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
National Pork Board