Bacon Ice Cream
- 1/4 pound bacon, raw, roughly chopped
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, light, packed
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine bacon, half-and-half,
milk, corn syrup and sugar and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
Reduce to maintain a gentle simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and set aside to steep until a deep bacon flavor
develops, 10 to 20 minutes.
- Strain through a medium-mesh strainer and set aside to cool to room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled.
- Process according to your ice cream maker manufacturer’s instructions.
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Cook Time: 25 minutes | Servings: 10 | Yield: About
5 cups (serving size 1/2 cup)
You can use whipping cream instead of the half-and-half for an even richer ice
cream. If you like, sprinkle chopped, crisped bacon bits on top before serving.
Nutrition Information: Calories: 190 calories Protein: 3 grams Fat: 11 grams
Sodium: 125 milligrams Cholesterol: 25 milligrams Saturated Fat: 5 grams Carbohydrates:
21 grams Fiber: 0 grams
Recipe courtesy of Top Chef All-Stars Winner Richard Blais.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pork Board - porkbeinspired.com
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Ice Cream Recipes