Banana Ice Cream
- 12 ripe bananas
- 2 quarts whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 25 to 30 pounds chopped ice
- 5 pounds rock salt
- Blend all bananas in food processor until thick.
- Put banana mixture in bottom of an ice cream maker.
- Add whipping cream, sugar, lemon juice, salt and vanilla
extract. There should be about 2 inches of space between the top of the mixture
and the top of the freezer.
- Fill the ice cream maker with an ice and rock salt mixture of 2 ice to 1 rock
- Crank freezer handle about 15 to 20 minutes, refilling around ice cream
container with ice and rock salt mixture.
Makes 1 gallon.