Banana Split Ice Cream
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 quart milk
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 quart chocolate milk
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen strawberries, thawed
- 3 bananas, peeled and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple, with juice
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, flour, salt, milk, and evaporated
milk. Cook, stirring, until bubbles form at edges and mixture is slightly thickened.
- Pour a small amount of hot milk into the beaten eggs, stirring to combine.
- Remove milk mixture from heat and stir the eggs into the milk until fully incorporated.
- Stir in vanilla extract, chocolate milk, strawberries, bananas, and pineapple
with its juice. Pour into the freezer canister of an ice cream maker, adding milk
as needed to bring to fill line.
- Chill in refrigerator until quite cold, then freeze according to manufacturer's instructions.
Makes 4 quarts.
Posted by Marla at Recipe Goldmine 8/16/2001 8:58 pm.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.