Banana and White Chocolate Ice Cream
- 3 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 cup granulated
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces white chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 pounds (about
4) very ripe bananas
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring 1 cup cream, half-and-half and sugar to simmer in heavy medium saucepan,
- Whisk yolks in medium bowl.
- Whisk in hot cream mixture.
mix to saucepan and stir over medium low heat until custard thickens and coats spoon
(about 5 minutes); do not boil.
- Strain into large bowl.
- Add white chocolate; whisk until well blended.
- Mix in
remaining 2 cups cream.
- Refrigerate until cold.
- Peel and slice bananas. Puree bananas with lemon juice. Mix puree into custard.
- Transfer custard to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's
Makes 5 cups
Source: Bon Appetit 1991 Yearbook