Black Walnut Ice Cream
- 5 eggs
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 pint whipping cream
- 1 pint Half-and-Half
- 1/2 teaspoon black walnut flavoring
- 1/2 to 3/4 cups black walnuts, chopped
- Beat eggs until foamy and lemon-colored.
- Add sugar to eggs slowly and beat until smooth - until dissolved.
- Mix everything together.
- Pour into freezer can and add milk to fill line.
- Place in ice cream freezer;
add ice and salt until freezer stops.
- Remove paddle and pack with more ice,
wrap in towels and let set to firm.
- For soft serve ice cream, dip right in.
Reprinted with permission from
Hammons Products Company.