Blackberry Frozen Yogurt
Sieve the berries to remove the seeds. you can make this frozen yogurt in your
refrigerator freezer instead of an ice cream maker, but expect a slightly icier
- 2 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blackberries or 1 (16 1/2 ounce) can blackberries , drained
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- Thaw berries, if frozen.
- Meanwhile, in medium saucepan combine sugar and gelatin;
stir in milk and water. Heat just till gelatin dissolves. Set aside to cool.
- In a food processor bowl process berries till smooth. Press through sieve; discard
- Stir berry puree, yogurt, orange peel, and orange juice into gelatin mixture.
- Turn into a 2-quart electric ice-cream freezer.
- Freeze according to manufacturer's
directions. (Or, pour into a 9 x 5 x 3-inch pan. Cover; freeze about 6 hours. Break
into chunks. Transfer to a chilled bowl. Beat with an electric mixer till smooth
but not melted. Return to cold loaf pan. Cover; freeze about 8 hours.)
Posted by warden2three at Recipe Goldmine 6/8/01 10:01:05 am.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.