Blueberry Ice Cream
- 2 cups fresh blueberries, stemmed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups light cream or half-and-half
- Fresh blueberries (for decoration)
- Mix blueberries and sugar in a saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, until
the sugar dissolves and the mixture simmers.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Stir in the cream, mixing well. Pour the mixture into a container and cool completely.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before freezing until firm, beating twice at
- About 20 minutes before serving, transfer ice cream to the refrigerator.
- Serve decorated with blueberries.