Burnt Caramel Ice Cream
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup hot water, divided
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Heat granulated sugar and 1/4 cup of the water in a large skillet on medium high
heat until the sugar melts and boils, stirring occasionally.
- Boil until mixture is a dark brown; remove from heat.
- Gradually stir in remaining 3/4 cup water.
- Cool to room temperature and set aside.
- Beat eggs in a medium bowl until thick and lemon colored; gradually beat in confectioners'
- Stir in cream and vanilla extract; stir in the caramel mixture. Chill.
- Freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturers directions.