Butter Almond Ice Cream
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 egg yolks, beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- Combine cream, milk and 3/4 cup sugar in medium saucepan. Cook and stir over
medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mix is hot.
- Gradually add 1 cup of the cream mix to the beaten egg yolks, whisking constantly.
- When mix is smooth, strain into double boiler.
- Gradually pour in remaining cream mix, whisking constantly. Cook over simmering
water, stirring, until mix thickens slightly and coats the back of a spoon, about
8 minutes. Do not boil.
- Stir in extracts.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Meanwhile, melt butter and stir in remaining 2 tablespoons sugar in small saucepan.
Cook and stir over medium heat until the sugar begins to bubble (about 30 seconds).
- Add almonds and cook and stir over medium heat until golden and well-coated,
- Stir almonds into cream mixture. Pour into loaf pan.
- Freeze overnight.
- Serve with fruits.