Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 1 cup pecans
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 small box butter pecan or vanilla instant pudding
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Sauté pecans and salt in butter until golden brown. Cool.
- Beat eggs until frothy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating until thick.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk and dry pudding.
- Add vanilla extract and nuts.
- Pour into a freezer can.
- Use freezer as per manufacturer's instructions.
- Ripen for 1 hour, packed.
Makes 1 gallon.