Charleston Cobblestone Ice Cream
- 1 1/2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1/3 cup granulated
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup toasted, chopped almonds*
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
- In small saucepan, over low heat, melt chocolate with half and half. Stir until
smooth. Set aside.
- In medium saucepan, combine 1/3 cup sugar and cream, and over medium heat, beat
in egg yolks and the other 1/3 cup sugar until light and lemon colored. Temper egg
yolk mixture by stirring about half of the very hot cream mixture in.
- Pour egg mixture
into saucepan and continue cooking until thickened (about 165 degrees F).
from heat and stir in the softened butter and vanilla extract.
- Add the chocolate
mixture and stir until quite smooth and well blended.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate.
- Before churning, add the marshmallows, almonds, raisins and chips.
Makes 1/2 gallon.
* To toast almonds, chop them first, then spread them on a cookie sheet.
Bake for 4 minutes in 350 degree F oven. Cool.